1. When it's raining, I don't get hot. And getting hot is one thing that will end a run pretty quickly, esp. with my northern european blood.
2. Don't have to worry about dehydration; just have to open my mouth a look up.
3. People usually don't go out and drive, so I can usually run in the road.
4. To those people that do go out, I look like a hardcore runner. And I like that.
5. I LOVE, love getting soaked to the bone because so often I try to avoid it -- running from my car to the house or the grocery to the car. Running in the rain is my chance to play and act like a little kid again.
I will gladly run my portion of this marathon, even if there is a torrential downpour! If that isn't a good enough reason to support our efforts, then I better go out and buy an umbrella.