Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Starpilgrim update

It's been a while since I've posted, so I wanted to give everyone an update...
I've traveled a bit this summer and had the chance to run in the Colorado Rockies (if you want a beautiful challenge, no place better!) and in the Inner Hebrides of Scotland (how often do you get to see a seal colony in the middle of a run!?)
The biggest update for me is that I am leaving Gould Farm soon, to work in a community in Scotland for a year. Though I leave the farm in person, I fully intend to stay connected in spirit to the farm, as it has had such an important and immeasurable impact on my life.
And never fear, marathon supporters -- I will still run on behalf of the farm, but in a different race. October 5th is the Loch Ness Marathon that begins at the south end of Loch Ness, runs the length of the loch along the southwest side, and finishes in the middle of Inverness. This race puts me running three weeks before the others, but I have stepped up my training so that I feel confident that I will be able to run the full marathon on the 5th. And I will certainly be telling anyone who will listen over there about Gould Farm, the reason for my running the race, and all the people who have supported our efforts.
And we are still awaiting confirmation, but I think there is a new Gould Farm volunteer (or perhaps a two-person team) who will be taking my registration in the Cape Cod Marathon.
Thank you so much for your donations and encouragement!

No comments: